- This event has passed.
Girls May-ke Your Move
May 1, 2019 - May 31, 2019
Our May challenge is a digital scavenger hunt. Participation in this challenge is completely at your own risk. Please be safe and vigilant while ‘scavenger hunting’.
We will be providing you with a list of items to find while out running or walking. The winner will be the Mum Runner who finds the most items. In the situation where we have multiple ladies on maximum points we will share the prize money. If there are a lot of you that get maximum points we will randomly draw our winners from the ladies who qualify. Our prize money is $250.
Our scavenger hunt items list will be posted on our page and in our linked group on the evening of the 30th of April.
1. Photos must be taken while on your run or walk.You cannot take photos while cycling or in a car or anything other than a run or walk to claim them for this challenge. If you try to claim an item that you haven’t found while running or walking it will be disqualified.
2. Photos MUST include the Girl’s May-ke Your Move (GMYM) merchandise. This is to prevent cheating by downloading any photos. If you lose your merchandise you must let us know and we can sort out an alternative.
3. NO photo-shopping or photo editing of any photos to include your items.
4. For your items to count towards you scavenger hunt, you must do a minimum of 3km or 30 mins of walking or running. We will not be accepting activities less than this so please don’t upload a bunch of photos on a 500m walk down the street and try to claim it. Please load your activity to Strava and make sure you are in our strava group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/rmarunningchallenges
5. You can find as many items on a single activity as you like.
6. You cannot claim one photo for two items if it falls into several categories (eg if we ask for a “car” and “something red” you cannot take a picture of a red car and claim it for both).
7. If you do your run or walk with another person that is participating you both must use separate photos. You cannot claim another person’s photo.
8. Do not try to claim an item that wasn’t found on your run or walk. We will be checking.
9. There is no race to get the photos. You have the entire month. It is not a ‘whoever finishes first’ scenario. Only photos taken during activities from 1st May to the 31st of May will count.
10. Photos should be uploaded to Strava with your activity. Please put the number of which item you are claiming into your run title or run description (eg Afternoon Run items #1, 7, 10, 12)
11. Please always be safe and vigilant when taking photos. All running and walking is done at your own risk.