- This event has passed.
Run Together 2019
February 1, 2019 - February 28, 2019
In the spirit of February and Valentine’s Day, our February Running Challenge will be a couples running challenge.
The challenge will be a distance challenge with the kms that each of you run, combining towards your total.
Each of you needs to a run a minimum of 28km for the month (28 because thats how many days are in feb, so 1km a day) so if one of you is a stronger runner, they are more than welcome to ‘carry the team’ so to speak but each of you need to record those 28kms. They can be walked or run so if your partner isn’t a runner that’s ok – they can start by walking and the kms still count.
If you don’t have a significant other, that’s ok too! You are welcome to team up with a running buddy, best friend or anyone really – you just need a team of 2.
You don’t actually need to do the run together. You can run separately and your kms still count.
I’m hoping to provide bling for this challenge – after all if your partner is new to running they might need some incentive. In the interests of keeping costs down I’m hoping it will be about $12.50 per person or $25 per couple, however I need to firm up on this.
No money is being received at this stage, I’m just looking for expressions of interest to organise bling.
Further details to come.
- All running is done at your own risk
- Participants must join the Run Together Strava group during February 2019 so we can track their kilometres.
- Only distances that have been run or walked will count (no cycling or other activities).
- Participants DO NOT need to physically run together. They can run solo and their kilometres will still count to their tally.
- You can team up virtually with a running partner.