Last year we asked you to run for wine, beer and spirits.. this year we are asking you to Train for Champagne!
How it works:
First we want you to complete a 5km run and log your time. If you are able to run the full distance we ask that you do so rather than walking as this is intended to be your baseline time for training and is used to determine if you receive the flute at the end of the challenge.
Next we want you to lace up in February with some training runs. We suggest you complete at least 8 of the runs listed below. These are flexible runs and shouldn’t interfere with any training schedules. We highly recommend doing a both of the speed sessions (pace your drink and champagne cocktail over the month).
- Glass of Champers: A glass of Champagne is approximately is 95 calories. Complete a run or walk and burn at least 95 calories.
- Cheers: Run with a friend
- Champagne Breakfast: Run before 10am
- Champagne Picnic: Find a spot on your run that would be ideal for a picnic and bubbles and take a photo
- Hello Bubbles, Goodbye Troubles: Set your day up for success by starting with a run
- Pace your drinks: Complete an interval run with fast and slow intervals.
- Sundowner: Run after 5pm.
- Champagne Bottle: There are approximately 570 calories in a champagne bottle. Can you burn 570 calories during a single activity? This would be the equivalent of a longer run or walk (approx 10km)
- Champagne View: Complete a run with a view worth toasting too.
- Champagne Cocktail: Mix up your run by completing a fartlek speed session. “Fartlek is literally, playing around with speeds – essentially, it’s a form of unstructured speedwork. It involves a continuous run in which periods of faster running are mixed with periods of easy- or moderate-paced running”
- Champagne Bucket: Run at least 2 hills repeats to create a “champagne bucket” on your elevation graph
Bonus for fun:
- Champagne Flute: See if you can create a Champagne Flute shape on your running map.
Finally, we want you to rerun your 5km at the end of the month and beat your original time. If you beat your original time we will send you a “Will Run for Champagne” Flute to toast your achievement!
This challenge will be supporting Epilepsy Action Australia. More information on this charity can be found on their website.
Did you miss out on our earlier “Will Run for” series? You can still purchase them in our shop. Simply complete the required distance, send us proof and we will send you your medal and glass.
There are no reviews yet.