September is the beginning of Spring. The season where things come to life again.. including your triathlon training!
Forget the “spring cleaning”…. we want you to dust off your bike, shake those cobwebs out of your legs and dive into the water for Spring training. Whether you are a beginner, or a triathlete resuming your training, we want you to join us.
Mum Runner has teamed up with the Perth Triathlon Club to help you Sprint into Spring and kickstart your training with a virtual Sprint Triathlon.
Choose either the sprint distance triathlon of 750m swim, 20km bike and 5km run or the novice distance of 350 swim, 10km bike and 3km run.
The virtual triathlon will take place on the last weekend of September (you can choose the exact time/day). As it is a virtual event you will need to map out the distances and create your route. The swim component may be in a pool or in open water.
This event will support Anglicare WA with $5 from each entry going to the Homelessness appeal so you can know your participation is helping to meet those in need.
For $29.95 you will receive:
- For the sprint distance triathlon: A 4 week training plan that will ease you back into your training and help you build up to a sprint triathlon
- For the novice distance triathlon: A 4 week training plan for beginners
- A Sprint into Spring spinning triathlon medal
- Friendly comraderie to get you motivated and a group to share your training progress with.
- Weekly prizes to keep you on track.
What you will need:
- A watch or other device to track your times and distance
- A Strava account which is free to create. Our Strava group is: https://www.strava.com/clubs/543920 and we will need to track you on Strava under our admin account to see your progress
- Bathing suit (+ shorts/shirt), or a triathlon suit
- Swimming goggles
- Bike (any kind)
It is recommended you join our facebook challenge group to get the most out of this challenge: https://www.facebook.com/groups/468354133745639/
This event is open to men and women across Australia. If you wish to participate from Overseas you will need to contact Mum Runner directly as the postage rate will be higher.