March Space Race State vs State Challenge

March Space Race State vs State Challenge

$45.00

or 4 fortnightly payments of $11.25 with Afterpay More info

Our State vs State Running Challenge is back for its 5th instalment this March 2022!

This time we are launching out of this world with our “Space Race” theme.

What is it and how does it work?

Our state vs state challenge is a running competition between the states of Australia to see who can run the most kilometres as a group. These kilometres must be completed on foot either by running or walking and recorded using a running app. When you sign up you select the state you will be representing and provide us with a link to track your kms. Mum Runner then monitors these kms and tallies them up over the month to determine which state is our winner. The winning state receives 40% of the donation money for their children’s hospital. The remaining 60% of the prize money is divided up between the other 7 states based on the percentage of their kms of the total. $10 from every entry goes into the donation money pool. Mum Runner will announce this amount and regularly provide updates prior to our event beginning on the amount.

Throughout the month we provide additional opportunities for bonus prize money for your state’s children hospital with weekly challenges. The state that wins the weekly challenge receives the bonus prize money.

At the conclusion of the month we announce our winner and donate the money. Donation receipts are provided in our Monthly Running Challenges Facebook group.

Please read the full product description below for FAQs.

What does your entry include?

  • Each participant will receive our special Space Race medal. This medal will be revealed closer to the event. Our state vs state medals are always awesome. If you would like to see our previous medals you can contact us.
  • $10 donation to children’s hospitals around Australia
  • Weekly leaderboards to see how your kms compare to your team mates and other states
  • Motivation to run through the month from our weekly challenges and running titles that you can earn.
  • Tracked postage of your medal at the conclusion of the event.

Please note we do offer an event singlet but this must be purchased separately. This singlet is a high quality 160gsm moisture wicking sports singlet. You can purchase it in our shop.

Clear
SKU: N/A Category: Product ID: 14890

Description

Our State vs State Running Challenge is back for its 5th instalment this March 2022!

This time we are launching out of this world with our “Space Race” theme.

Event singlets are purchased separately here.

What is it and how does it work?

Our state vs state challenge is a running competition between the states of Australia to see who can run the most kilometres as a group. These kilometres must be completed on foot either by running or walking and recorded using a running app. When you sign up you select the state you will be representing and provide us with a link to track your kms. Mum Runner then monitors these kms and tallies them up over the month to determine which state is our winner. The winning state receives 40% of the donation money for their children’s hospital. The remaining 60% of the prize money is divided up between the other 7 states based on the percentage of their kms of the total. $10 from every entry goes into the donation money pool. Mum Runner will announce this amount and regularly provide updates prior to our event beginning on the amount.

Throughout the month we provide additional opportunities for bonus prize money for your state’s children hospital with weekly challenges. The state that wins the weekly challenge receives the bonus prize money.

At the conclusion of the month we announce our winner and donate the money. Donation receipts are provided in our Monthly Running Challenges Facebook group.

What does your entry include?

  • Each participant will receive our special Space Race medal. This medal will be revealed closer to the event. Our state vs state medals are always awesome. If you would like to see our previous medals you can contact us.
  • $10 donation to children’s hospitals around Australia
  • Weekly leaderboards to see how your kms compare to your team mates and other states
  • Motivation to run through the month from our weekly challenges and running titles that you can earn.
  • Tracked postage of your medal at the conclusion of the event.

Please note we do offer an event singlet but this must be purchased separately. This singlet is a high quality 160gsm moisture wicking sports singlet.

FAQs

  1. I’m not a Mum Runner, can I still sign up? Yes this challenge is open to everyone. We welcome people of all ages, fitness abilities and genders.
  2. How do you track kms? We use Strava which is a free platform to track your kms. We ask you to provide your Strava link at sign up. To find your Strava link you need to log in to Strava on a web browser on a PC/laptop and click on my profile. The link shown in the top of the web browser is your Strava Athlete link. You can find the link through the app however it is different for different phones and so we encourage you to find it from your computer. Mum Runner’s Strava Athlete link is https://www.strava.com/athletes/42421102. Your athlete link will be similar but will contain a different number at the end.
  3. What kms are included? We count all kilometres completed on foot which includes running, walking and hiking. These must be part of an activity. We do not include incidental steps that you achieve throughout your day.
  4. Can I use a treadmill? Yes you can but you must show evidence of the run from a running watch and upload a photo of your treadmill statistics which must agree with the watch statistics.
  5. I’m not on Strava, can I still sign up? You can but we would prefer you to be on Strava. Strava is free to use and is much less work for us to track your kms. If you wish to use another method it will be your responsibility to submit a weekly screenshot showing proof of your kms for the week from Monday to Sunday inclusive. If you do not do this we will not chase you for your kms as it is too much admin work for our volunteers.
  6. What are the leaderboards? The leaderboards are produced by state and show each runner and their kms for the week from Monday to Sunday. We publish these so you have an opportunity to correct any errors and to see how you are going compared to other runners.
  7. What are titles? Titles are fun running objectives for you to achieve over the month if you choose. There is no requirement to attempt these. They are for fun only and are self managed. We encourage you to post in our group when you achieve them but there is no requirement to do so. A full list of these will be published on our website.
  8. What are the weekly challenges? The weekly challenges are an opportunity for you to earn extra money for your state’s hospital. These are usually some sort of average statistic (kms, elevation, increasing kms etc) so as to not disadvantage smaller state teams. We publish these on our facebook page and send an email to all participants prior to the week beginning with the week’s challenge. We encourage our state teams to work together and encourage each other towards having a go at the objectives.
  9. How do I know the money ends up with the hospitals? The final result will be published within 1 week of the conclusion of our event. We will post the donation receipts showing the money and recipient in our Monthly Challenges Facebook group. We will also publish the final donation amount prior to the event beginning. The winning state will receive 40% of the money for their state’s children hospital. The remaining 60% will be divided among the leftover 7 states based on the percentage their kms make of the total amount of kilometres. This is an incentive to encourage you to keep running as the more kms you cover the more money your hospital receives.
  10. When will I receive my medal? Medals will ship within 3 weeks of the conclusion of the event. They will be sent by tracked mail and you will receive the tracking id. The actual time of shipping depends on Australia Post and any delays they will be experiencing. We ask you to check your tracking id to see the progress of your medal delivery.

Additional information

State

ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA, Alien – Overseas

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “March Space Race State vs State Challenge”

Your email address will not be published.