Run With Attitude – Music + Miles
“All I need is the road and my music”
Welcome to our music inspired challenge. We have combined some musical elements, along with a playlist full of attitude to keep your running this July. Please read through the challenge carefully.
Please find the challenge details below. This will also be included your Order Confirmation email as a downloadable file.
Step 1 – Timing
Select your timing. Will it be 3 runs a week for 4 weeks or 4 runs a week for 4 weeks
Step 2 – Drills
Below are some musical terms that we want you to translate to runs
- Allegro: fast, quickly, and bright (run faster than your usual pace, or include speed work)
- Falsetto: a voice or sound that is unusually high (run some elevation)
- Moderato: at a moderate speed (run at your usual moderate pace)
- Symphony: a long piece of classical music played by a symphony orchestra (go for a long run).
Repeat for 4 weeks. If you are doing the 3 runs a week then drop one of the above runs but try to accomplish all four runs over the four weeks.
Step 3 – Concerto
At the beginning of the challenge select a distance and the time you want to achieve for your run. This will make up your concerto that you will run at the end of month. Let us know how you perform.
Bonus Challenges – Just for Fun
Looking for some extra music inspired fun?
>We have included a few other musical terms for you to translate into running if you want to.
- Chord: run with another runner
- Crescendo: complete a run with each km getting faster than the previous
- Decrescendo/Diminuendo: complete a run with each km getting progressively slower (make sure you warm up first!)
- Ensemble: complete a group run
- Octave: complete an 8km run
- Solo: run on your own
- Andante: Meaning a walking tempo or walking pace. Go for a walk.
Whilst our challenge is classically themed, our musical playlist is anything but. In fact its full of attitude. We will share our playlists in our Facebook groups. Please be advised the playlists may contain explicit language. There is no requirement to use our playlists while completing the challenge.
As part of our challenge we invite you to purchase our Run With Attitude singlet and beanie so you can be part of our Mum Runner Orchestra during your July performance.
Our Run With Attitude singlet is available in ladies sizes 8-18:
The Charity – The Australian Children’s Music Foundation (ACMF)
The Australian Children’s Music Foundation (ACMF) is a not-for-profit organisation inspiring creativity and imagination by providing weekly music education classes and instruments to disadvantaged children and youth at risk throughout Australia.
From their website:
“Music is the universal language. It heals. It allows children who have experienced trauma to process and overcome. It allows disengaged youth to re-engage with society. It allows children to begin to trust themselves.Help us help every child in Australia experience the joy that music can bring.Help us help every child be the best they can be.”
$5 from every entry will go towards the ACMF.