Find Thirty this October
This October we will be supporting the Heart Foundation but instead of taking part in the “My Marathon” challenge as we did last year, we are encouraging you to Find Thirty minutes each day to set aside for walking or running. Having said all that, If you do manage to Find Thirty each day (even if you walk at a moderate pace), you should achieve the kms required for the Heart Foundation’s My Marathon challenge. We will be creating a Mum Runner team for the My Marathon challenge and the donations will go through this channel.
Why should you Find Thirty with us in October?
The health benefits of walking or running for 30 minutes a day include:
- increased cardiovascular and pulmonary (heart and lung) fitness
- reduced risk of heart disease and stroke
- improved management of conditions such as hypertension (high blood pressure), high cholesterol, joint and muscular pain or stiffness, and diabetes
- stronger bones and improved balance
- increased muscle strength and endurance
- reduced body fat.
(the above benefits are taken from Better Health an initiative by the Victorian Government)
Are you ready to take on the challenge and see if you can walk or run 30 minutes every day for October?
- Will I still receive my medal if I don’t manage to Find Thirty each day? Yes you will.
- How much does the Heart Foundation receive per entry? $5 from each entry is donated to the Heart Foundation
- Can I fundraise or donate extra money? Yes, you can do so through the My Marathon platform. Please join the Mum Runner Team: https://www.mymarathon.com.au/fundraisers/MumRunner2319
- Do I have to join the My Marathon team? No
- Do I need to submit my runs/walks? No, you do not need to submit your runs or walks but we do encourage you to post them into our Monthly Challenges Group on Facebook.
There are no reviews yet.